Quick Answer: Is LoL Owned By China?

Is riot owned by China?

Riot Games is an American video game developer which is headquartered in Los Angeles, California.

The company was founded in 2006 by Marc Merrill and Brandon Beck.

However, it is a subsidiary of Chinese multinational technology conglomerate Tencent Holdings..

How much of Riot Games is owned by China?

In February 2011, Tencent paid $400 million for a 93 percent stake in Riot Games. Tencent bought the remaining 7 percent on December 16, 2015; the price was not disclosed.

Is LoL owned by Tencent?

As the world’s largest gaming company, Tencent owns stakes in a number of gaming firms around the world. Riot, the developer of League of Legends, is a wholly owned subsidiary and Tencent has a 40 per cent stake in Epic, the maker of Fortnite and the Unreal Engine.

How much of Activision is owned by China?

5 percentTencent, a Chinese entertainment conglomerate, owns a 5 percent stake in Activision Blizzard, and China is a sought-after market in the entertainment world, particularly in gaming.

Is LOL wild rift Chinese?

League of Legends: Wild Rift | Simplified Chinese – QooApp Game Store.

Who is the owner of PUBG?

BlueholePUBG Corporation is owned by South Korean video game studio Bluehole. In 2018, Tencent acquired a 10% stake in Bluehole, becoming its second-largest shareholder.